In the 4th era of Avsarpini, king Bharat performed the 1st renovation of Girnar.
2nd renovation of Girnar was performed by king Dandviriya, 60 million years after king Bharat attained salvation.
3rd renovation was performed by Ishaan Indra of 3rd heaven after 100 sagaropam years.
4th renovation was performed by Mahendra Indra of 4th heaven after 10 million sagaropam years.
5th renovation was performed by Bhrahmendra Indra of 5th heaven after 100 million sagaropam years.
6th renovation was performed by Indras of Bhavanpati heaven after 1 lakh crore sagaropam years.
7th renovation was performed by Chakravarti king Sagar during the reign of 2nd Lord Ajitnath.
8th renovation was performed by Indra of Vyantar heaven during the reign of Lord Abhinandan Swami.
9th renovation was performed by king Chandrayasha during the reign of Lord Chandraprabhu Swami.
10th renovation was performed by king Chakradhar who was the son of 16th Lord Shantinathji.
11th renovation was performed by king Dashrath’s son Ramachandraji during the reign of 20th Lord, Munisuvarat Swami.
12th renovation was done by the Pandavas during the reign of 22nd Lord Neminathji.
13th renovation was performed by a merchant named Ratnasar 2000 years after Lord Neminath attained salvation with the
help of Ambika devi he installed the oldest idol of the current world made by Bhrahmendra indra. the idol consecreted by
Ratnasar is still present today after approximately 84785 years.
The 1st minor renovation was done by king Nebundar from Non-Aryan country Babylon during the reign of Lord Mahavir Swami. Most probably he was a friend of king Shrenik and had come to India in search of his son who had become a Jain monk. He got impressed by the Jain religion and performed the renovation after observing the dilapidated condition of the temples on Girnar (This is a guess based on inscriptions on copper plates for holy books found in Prabhas patan during the year 1935 ).
In the year 154, Shri Padaliptshurishwarji gave sermon on the life of Lord Neminath near the fort which was located at the bottom of Girnar moutain. Based on the same, Nagarjun constructed dasharha mandap, palace of Ugrasen, wedding mandap, wedding chori which existed till the 14th century.
The Girnar’s sudarshan was renovated by Chakrapalit – the governor of king Samudragupta, year 512-13 (455-56 AD)
A metal idol of Ambika devi mentioning the year 1092, is present in the temple of Lord Mahavir Swami in Junagarh.
One of the pillars inside the main temple of Lord Neminath has an inscription dated back to 14th day of Jeth Month of year 1113.
A inscription was found by Mr Toad which said that some old temples of deities were removed on Sunday the 8th day of Chitra month in the year 1115.
There is a writing on one of the pillars of the main temple which says that a consecration was performed on Girnar in the year of 1135.
In the year 1185, Sajjan – the minister of Siddharaj Jaisingh – King of Patan performed a renovation by replacing the wooden temple with black colored granite stones. The temple was called “Karan Vihar”. It is probably the only jain temple in the world made of black colored Granite stone. There have been many restorations done after this, but this main temple has been kept untouched..
Ambika Devi temple from the 12-13 the century is present on Girnar.
The governor of Sorath – Shrimal Ambad – constructed an embankment and Dhaval constructed a small well on Girnar after year 1220.
One of the stone inscriptions mentions that King Mandalik covered the temple of Lord Neminath with golden foil in the year 1270 or 1316.
One of the pillars on the main temlple has inscriptions which says that Vastupal had repaired some of the temples in the year 1278 as well as constructed new temples during the period 1278-88.
There are 6 inscriptions on stone dated 1288 in the summit of Vastupal.
In the 13th century, Tejpal constructed a fort, small pond , temple and a village called Tejpur named after him in the foot of Mount Girnar.
In the 13th century, King Kumarpal constructed a summit on Girnar.
In the 13th century, the family members of the Palliwal Shesthinimad put idols in the temples of Shatrunjay, Girnar, Abu, Jalor, Taranga, Patan, Ladol, Palanpur and Charup. They also constructed various religious places.
One of the stone scriptures dated 1333 mentions a donation by Shri Haripal to the Neminath Temple.
One of the damaged stone sciptures of 1335 mentions about Valihan Shrsthi.
One of the stone scriptures dated 1339 mentions a donation by Shri Poonamsingh to the Neminath Temple.
The idol of Lord Neminath in the cellar of main temple has a writing which mentions the year 1358.
An inscription mentions the year 1485 below the 4 direction facing idols in the temple made by Vastupal & Tejpal.
An inscription below the idol of Lord Neminath in the temple of King Smaprati mentions the year 1517-1518.
An inscription mentions the year 1546 below 3 idols in the temple made by Vastupal-Tejpal, where as the year 1556 is mentioned below 3 of the 4 four direction facing idols.
The temple of diety Ambika was renovated in the 16th century.
Shanraj & Bhumbhav constructed a temple containing 52 smaller temples named “Indra Nil Tilak” during the 16th century (1509).
An inscription near Hathi Pahana mentions that Shri Mansingh Meghji from Diu renovated the embankment of Girnar in the year 1683.
Sheth Premabhai Hemabhai renovated the Sangram Soni summit in 1843.
Writings dating back to 1859 are present on the four direction facing idols in Mekervashi temple and the main idol of Lord Sahastrafana parshawanath. The main idol was consecrated under Shri Jinendrasuri Maharaj.
An idol of Lord Abhinandan Swami marked 1857 is present in Kumarpal’s summit.
Shri Mansingh Bhojraj constructed a summit on Girnar in 1908.
Shri Narshi Keshavji renovated temples of Girnar in the year 1932.
Renovation was started in 1979 and completed in 1986 with an expesne of Rs 2,38,000 based on the inspiration of Shri NitiSuri Maharaj.
About 40 years back, when Sahsavan – the land where Lord Neminath renounced the world and attained enlightenment was ignored by the Jain community, a huge and magnificent temple resembling a Samavasharan has been constructed owing to immense perseverance and result of good deeds of Shri Himanshusuri Maharaj Saheb with the help of Ambika Devi. This land has been secured and its significance has reached to the hearts of people.